Are you in need of a summer getaway? Consider a spa day “day-cation” with friends or family at The Spa ~ Los Gatos.
With an area solely dedicated to groups, The Spa offers a variety of customized options. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, or simply want a friend’s night out, our staff will work with you to make your experience exceptional.
We have the ability to fully customize treatment choices, provide refreshments and even prepare special gifts for your guests to take home. Both men and women appreciate our relaxing atmosphere and comfortable surroundings.
Are you yourself, or do you know someone getting married this summer? The group suite is also the perfect option for a bride to spend quality time with family or bridesmaids prior to her wedding.
Some restrictions apply. For more information on group pricing and service options, please contact our group coordinator at (408) 354-5901.
How do you sort through the daily bombardment of skincare companies pitching products that will “make you look ten years younger!” or “have the latest and most effective ingredients?” It’s tough and would be beyond time-consuming for you to do the research necessary to know what you need to make good decisions. There is no lack of companies that put just as much money behind their marketing machine and endorsements as they do in product research. As far as personal recommendations go, what works well for a friend might not be what your skin needs or reacts to well at all. It can add up to a lot of frustration and lost money.
So, how do you know if it will work for you? Also, will you know how to effectively use it?
Choose who and what you trust.
Here at The Spa, when we tell you that our choice of skincare lines is based on rigorous research and quality control, we’re not just sending out a hook to catch you with. We carry these lines because we know we can trust them. We bring them to you because we know that when used properly, they DO work.
Enlist the help of an expert.
To become a licensed Esthetician is no easy task. There is a lot of education and time that goes into a license. In addition to that, we have some serious hiring standards here at The Spa and provide extensive continuing education to our staff. We also ask that they conduct themselves with “client first” ethics. That means paying more attention to what our clients need as opposed to selling them the product with the highest profit margin.
Their job is to:
- Analyze your skin to understand its current state of health and needs.
- Recommend products and a skincare routine that will address your skin’s needs while taking into consideration your time and budget.
- Educate you as to how to best use those products.
- Be available AFTER the service to answer any questions or concerns. (You should feel free to email or call your Esthetician at any time with quick questions!)
As you can see, there is much more to it than just putting you in a room and cleaning and hydrating your skin then sending you on your way. Our Estheticians are your educators and support team!
Consistent Home Care and Periodic Re-Evaluations
We can’t stress enough how important it is for you to use products consistently and in the manner intended. If you want results, you’ll need to dedicate at least 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening to getting those results. But, also remember that your skin changes. External conditions such as seasonal weather changes and internal changes like hormone fluctuation and diet have a strong impact on your skin. You’ll need to shake up that routine at times. That’s why we suggest at least quarterly facial appointments for the basic level of care.
There is a lot to skin care. It is a kind of art that has a wide variety of tools, but it boils down to trust, expertise, and consistency!
Over the years, an endless number of trends in health and wellness have come and gone. From juicing and detoxing to sheet face masques, we’ve seen it all. However, one of the most basic fundamentals seems to be falling off our radar: human touch.
We all live in the same digital world. We sit at a desk all day on a computer. We sometimes choose to text over a phone call. Work follows us home via email. It can seem endless.
So much of our time is spent on these online connections that it becomes easy to lose track of cultivating relationships that involve human interaction. It seems now, more than ever, it’s an ongoing challenge to spend any of our time “disconnected.”
We have forgotten that human touch, one of the most basic human senses, is an important and fundamental part of our existence. Human touch is something that can’t be emulated or replaced. (Have you tried a massage chair lately? Sadly, it can’t compete.) Not only can touch make you feel better, it can have a real impact on your overall health, including feelings of trust and safety, as well as emotional and physical health benefits.
It has the ability to:
– Strengthen the immune system
– Reduce anxiety and lower the production of stress hormones
– Lower heart rate and blood pressure
– Increase oxytocin levels for calming effects
The reminder that we are wired to connect with humans on a basic, physical level is important. With all the benefits associated with human touch, we’re proud to offer some of the best massages and facials in the area to keep you both physically and mentally healthy. Our massage therapists and estheticians have ongoing training and experience to provide the very best services that enhance the quality of life of our clients.
While it’s a little early to be feeling fall in the air, we’re just a few short weeks away from the change in season. There’s no better time to start thinking about changes you can make in your daily routine that will have an impact on both your mind and body. Soon we’ll see changes in temperature, the transition to indoor heating, and cooler, drier weather — all of which has a direct effect on your skin.
The change in season is also an opportunity to pause, reflecting on our overall health. Take a breath before fall arrives to create rituals that can improve how you feel from the inside out. Give yourself the chance to slow down and establish a sense of peace so you can stay healthy and grounded during the long fall and winter months ahead.
6 ways you can make an impact on your mental and physical health:
- Use your nightly skin routine as mini-meditation session. Take time each evening to center yourself, using the time you wash your face and apply skincare products as a reset button before getting ready for bed.
- Curl up with a good book (a real book!). Try turning your phone on silent and spend an hour away from technology. You’ll feel recharged (no pun intended) and more able to concentrate on the things that are most important to you.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Nothing new here. Just because summer is coming to an end, doesn’t mean we can take focus off hydration. It’s important to not only drink plenty of water into the fall months, but to adequately hydrate and moisturize skin. Try using a heavier moisturizer during fall and winter months.
- Get your beauty sleep. If you’re not already getting between seven and nine hours sleep, this is a great time to adjust your sleep schedule. The sun goes down earlier and rises later, giving you more time to sleep in total darkness. Both your mind and body (and your skin!) will thank you for this one.
- Take your breakfast up a notch. Plan ahead so you can have healthy and fulfilling breakfasts all week long (not just on the weekends). This will fuel your mind until lunch time and will also save you from grabbing something less than nutritious, or indulging at the coffee shop. Try overnight oats and spice them up with fruit, nuts, chia seeds or honey. To make overnight oats: soak whole oats in skim, soy or almond milk overnight. Eat them cold or heat them up in the morning, then add any preferred topping. For a fall favorite, try adding pureed pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Massage. Wouldn’t we all like a little more massage in our lives? Aside from the relaxation it brings, massage is also a great stress reliever, can reduce anxiety and can even enhance sleep. Try to schedule a massage on a regular basis for best results—no special occasion necessary. Click here to see massage services offered at The Spa.
While adding a new habit to your routine can be a challenge, it’s worth the effort to make overall wellness a priority in your life. Be in the moment and take time for yourself this fall. Visit us at The Spa ~ Los Gatos to see how our services can impact the health of both your mind and body.
Summer is a time to relax and spend time with family and friends. But plan-filled weekends make the time fly by, and if we’re being honest, most of us could use a vacation to recoup. You don’t have to go to a tropical resort to feel that level of relaxation. This summer, you can plan a staycation within your own four walls (or at least close by).
No time to get away? No worries. Here’s how you can make the most of your time at home—no plane ticket necessary.
- Set an out of office email so you can’t be bothered (even if you’re really sitting in your backyard with a fruity drink).
- Light tropical-scented candles around the house, like coconut, pineapple or mango.
- Stop looking at the time. Hide watches and clocks in a drawer so you can spend your time freely.
- Do what you would normally do on vacation—read a book or magazine cover to cover.
- Get dressed up for dinner and eat out. Try that new Brazilian restaurant you’ve been eyeing to get the full vacation effect.
- Send the kids to the in-laws’ house so you can have uninterrupted time to yourself.
- Create your own aromatherapy spa in your bathroom. Get essential oils, try a soothing bath scrub and draw a nice, candle-lit bath.
- Lounge in a robe around the house, just like you would at a nice tropical resort.
Tropical Getaway at The Spa ~ Los Gatos
If you want to take your staycation a step further, come visit us at The Spa. During the month of August, we’re featuring tropical scents in some services, including facials and massages. To complete your mini retreat, we’re offering Hawaiian Plumeria Tropical scents as one of our steam shower and massage oil choices. Some great tropical options are:
The Vitamin C and Papaya Enzyme Facial
Summer heat can take a huge toll on your skin, making it a good idea to give skin a much needed break. What better way to relax than with a tropical getaway? Try our Vitamin C and Papaya Enzyme Facial. It’s the perfect way to revitalize skin from the sun’s damaging rays. We use the latest in medically-based skin resurfacing technologies to lift and exfoliate skin, revealing skin that looks and feels replenished.
The Lomi-Lomi Massage
This service will give you the ultimate in relaxation. Fittingly, this massage originated in Hawaii and is well known for its soothing island techniques. In August, we’re adding Hawaiian Plumeria massage oil to create a truly tropical ambiance. The massage uses broad, smooth, rhythmic strokes and light stretching techniques, restoring and calming the body. You’ll leave feeling like you’ve just returned from a mini vacation.
To learn more about services offered at The Spa, visit us at www.thespalosgatos.com.
Lower Your Stress to Enjoy Your Life
September offers an excellent time of year to take stock of where you are in your life. The rhythm of life starts to have a certain cadence with school starting back up and the summer activities slowing down. As we fall in step with this changing rhythm, it’s the perfect opportunity to make sure we are heading in the right direction!
Stress is a big factor for many people. Much of how deeply it affects our health and happiness is, surprisingly, decided by us. One of the goals we have here at The Spa is to help our clients realize that they have a good amount of control over how much stress hits them. While we admit there are things that are indeed out of our control, how much energy we spend worrying creates more stress.
How do you perceive where you are in your life right now? Are you pleased with the efforts you make and the results they bring? Do you allow yourself the time to relax and take care of yourself so that you don’t keep spiraling to being more stressed instead of less? If you really look at where you stand right now, most likely you’re pretty ok. Allow yourself to realize that and remember to try to be in the moment of where you are – not worrying about what is coming or what has already happened.
This September take a step back before the holiday season hits. Are you respecting and nurturing yourself in the big and small ways? If the answer is “I don’t think so”, make a plan to start. Do the little things first, make sure you dedicate yourself to them, and soon you’ll find that you have stopped walking the path of stress and started in the direction of wellbeing!
Most people consider Valentine’s Day to be an exclusively romantic holiday. One dedicated to lovers, intimate dinners and decadent gifts. We don’t fault that point of view; there is a lot to celebrate in regards to such things! (We even offer some whimsical and fun gift choices for those particular kinds of evenings this time of year.) But, don’t you feel that we should expand on the definition, especially for a day set aside to pause and take time to let those who you care about know how you feel, to encompass other forms of love other than only those of a romantic nature?
Perhaps we should also look at love of family, friends and ourselves, too. As an establishment focused on the wellness and happiness of our clients, we’d like to invite you to think about Valentine’s Day in a different light this year. Oh sure, take all the romance you can get! But, ALSO take a moment to reflect on what kind of love brings you the most joy in your life and celebrate that as well. And, please, don’t forget yourself!!! Far too many of us dote on others and give a tiny, if not nonexistent, amount of devotion to ourselves.
Taking care of and respecting yourself is not a selfish thing. It allows us to be the most whole and feeling being we can be. And, do it in a loving and nurturing way for this particular day. Avoid the “I will eat better and exercise more” thought line; celebrate you for who you are at this very moment in your life. Write down what’s great about you. Buy yourself a special gift. It doesn’t have to be extravagant, but make it personal. A beautiful cup to enjoy your tea or coffee, an elegant candle that gives you peace of mind when you relax with it, or any special something that reminds you to reflect on the positive, and be happy for a bit.
Whatever way you choose to celebrate, we hope this February brings you some of whatever kind of love you desire most. Happy Valentine’s Day!