Summer is a time to relax and spend time with family and friends. But plan-filled weekends make the time fly by, and if we’re being honest, most of us could use a vacation to recoup. You don’t have to go to a tropical resort to feel that level of relaxation. This summer, you can plan a staycation within your own four walls (or at least close by).
No time to get away? No worries. Here’s how you can make the most of your time at home—no plane ticket necessary.
- Set an out of office email so you can’t be bothered (even if you’re really sitting in your backyard with a fruity drink).
- Light tropical-scented candles around the house, like coconut, pineapple or mango.
- Stop looking at the time. Hide watches and clocks in a drawer so you can spend your time freely.
- Do what you would normally do on vacation—read a book or magazine cover to cover.
- Get dressed up for dinner and eat out. Try that new Brazilian restaurant you’ve been eyeing to get the full vacation effect.
- Send the kids to the in-laws’ house so you can have uninterrupted time to yourself.
- Create your own aromatherapy spa in your bathroom. Get essential oils, try a soothing bath scrub and draw a nice, candle-lit bath.
- Lounge in a robe around the house, just like you would at a nice tropical resort.
Tropical Getaway at The Spa ~ Los Gatos
If you want to take your staycation a step further, come visit us at The Spa. During the month of August, we’re featuring tropical scents in some services, including facials and massages. To complete your mini retreat, we’re offering Hawaiian Plumeria Tropical scents as one of our steam shower and massage oil choices. Some great tropical options are:
The Vitamin C and Papaya Enzyme Facial
Summer heat can take a huge toll on your skin, making it a good idea to give skin a much needed break. What better way to relax than with a tropical getaway? Try our Vitamin C and Papaya Enzyme Facial. It’s the perfect way to revitalize skin from the sun’s damaging rays. We use the latest in medically-based skin resurfacing technologies to lift and exfoliate skin, revealing skin that looks and feels replenished.
The Lomi-Lomi Massage
This service will give you the ultimate in relaxation. Fittingly, this massage originated in Hawaii and is well known for its soothing island techniques. In August, we’re adding Hawaiian Plumeria massage oil to create a truly tropical ambiance. The massage uses broad, smooth, rhythmic strokes and light stretching techniques, restoring and calming the body. You’ll leave feeling like you’ve just returned from a mini vacation.
To learn more about services offered at The Spa, visit us at www.thespalosgatos.com.