Changing up your makeup routine for winter can be a challenge. But these three simple steps are easy to incorporate, and can have a big impact on your everyday look throughout the colder winter months.
- Use a heavier, hydrating lipstick.
Our lips are craving something more moisturizing this time of year. We love Jane Iredale’s new line of Triple Luxe Lipsticks (available at The Spa). With Moringa Oil, lips stay hydrated all day long.
- Swap our your bronzer for a cream blush. The glow from summer has completely faded by now and we could all use a little color. Warm your face up with a cream blush—it’s the perfect way to hydrate and add color simultaneously. Look for warmer colors that are appropriate for the season, staying away from summery hues like coral and peach.
- Add some shimmer. This time of year, skin is paler and we’re constantly fighting a dull, winter look. Add a pop of shimmery shadow to your lids to give yourself a dewy glow. Champagne colored shadows are universally flattering. For a fun twist, try a bright jewel tone, which is perfect for the holiday season.
Are you in need of a summer getaway? Consider a spa day “day-cation” with friends or family at The Spa ~ Los Gatos.
With an area solely dedicated to groups, The Spa offers a variety of customized options. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, or simply want a friend’s night out, our staff will work with you to make your experience exceptional.
We have the ability to fully customize treatment choices, provide refreshments and even prepare special gifts for your guests to take home. Both men and women appreciate our relaxing atmosphere and comfortable surroundings.
Are you yourself, or do you know someone getting married this summer? The group suite is also the perfect option for a bride to spend quality time with family or bridesmaids prior to her wedding.
Some restrictions apply. For more information on group pricing and service options, please contact our group coordinator at (408) 354-5901.
How do you sort through the daily bombardment of skincare companies pitching products that will “make you look ten years younger!” or “have the latest and most effective ingredients?” It’s tough and would be beyond time-consuming for you to do the research necessary to know what you need to make good decisions. There is no lack of companies that put just as much money behind their marketing machine and endorsements as they do in product research. As far as personal recommendations go, what works well for a friend might not be what your skin needs or reacts to well at all. It can add up to a lot of frustration and lost money.
So, how do you know if it will work for you? Also, will you know how to effectively use it?
Choose who and what you trust.
Here at The Spa, when we tell you that our choice of skincare lines is based on rigorous research and quality control, we’re not just sending out a hook to catch you with. We carry these lines because we know we can trust them. We bring them to you because we know that when used properly, they DO work.
Enlist the help of an expert.
To become a licensed Esthetician is no easy task. There is a lot of education and time that goes into a license. In addition to that, we have some serious hiring standards here at The Spa and provide extensive continuing education to our staff. We also ask that they conduct themselves with “client first” ethics. That means paying more attention to what our clients need as opposed to selling them the product with the highest profit margin.
Their job is to:
- Analyze your skin to understand its current state of health and needs.
- Recommend products and a skincare routine that will address your skin’s needs while taking into consideration your time and budget.
- Educate you as to how to best use those products.
- Be available AFTER the service to answer any questions or concerns. (You should feel free to email or call your Esthetician at any time with quick questions!)
As you can see, there is much more to it than just putting you in a room and cleaning and hydrating your skin then sending you on your way. Our Estheticians are your educators and support team!
Consistent Home Care and Periodic Re-Evaluations
We can’t stress enough how important it is for you to use products consistently and in the manner intended. If you want results, you’ll need to dedicate at least 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening to getting those results. But, also remember that your skin changes. External conditions such as seasonal weather changes and internal changes like hormone fluctuation and diet have a strong impact on your skin. You’ll need to shake up that routine at times. That’s why we suggest at least quarterly facial appointments for the basic level of care.
There is a lot to skin care. It is a kind of art that has a wide variety of tools, but it boils down to trust, expertise, and consistency!